Thursday, June 2, 2011

6 months

Lily Claire turned 6 months old on May 24th at 4:34PM! (I'm a little late on the post!) At her 6-month check up she weighed 16 lbs, 5 oz and was 24 1/2 inches long! I cannot believe that she is already half a year old! Time certainly flies by when you're having fun and that is certainly what we've been doing around here! She is such a blessing to Zach and I, we couldn't possibly imagine life without her! I will never forget the day that she graced us with her presence...it was the best day of our lives, it changed us forever. You never know how much you can love someone until you have a child, it is a different kind of love that I wish everyone could experience.

Playtime:
Lily is rolling all over the place these days. She will push up onto her hands and knees and try her best to crawl but she just hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet, instead of moving forward she scoots backwards! She loves to sit on a palate and play with toys, she looks so big when she does that. She likes to go outside and would probably stay out all day if we would let her. She likes to play in her jumparoo and she can FINALLY touch so she can actually jump! She loves to communicate with people and thinks she has to be the "center of attention" everywhere we go! She likes to laugh and giggle especially when you tickle her! She likes to "dance" and sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. One of her favorite things to do at Gram's house is ride the golf cart and be spoiled by her PawPaw.Playing outside~ I took off work this day because my niece, Allison, was scheduled to arrive. Lily and I had a great time!

Favorites:
Lily has been attached to "bunny" since she was about a month old! She thinks she has to have bunny to go to sleep and bunny soothes her when she is not getting her way! Bunny is definitely her favorite item! Lily also loves puppy dogs and I must say that Junior, our shih tzu, is her favorite! They are best buds and Junior always makes sure that Lily is okay. If Lily gets upset about anything Junior is usually there for her to love on and it makes her all better. It is the sweetest thing seeing the two of them love each other so dearly. (After we found out I was pregnant we worried about how he would adapt to her. We thought that he would be super jealous and not like having a baby around. Well, we were definitely wrong and I sure am glad that we were!)Lily and Junior

Mealtime:
She is eating stage 2 foods, puffs, pinwheels, and yogurt melts. She eats three meals a day and drinks 3-4 bottles a day. She likes to "play" in her food that drops on the highchair and when she thinks you've caught her she cracks up!

When we had Lily's 6 month pictures made I had Sheena B. Photography do a picture of Lily like one that I have of myself when I was little. I even borrowed the wash basin from Photos by Becky (who took the picture of me) so that they would be identical. I thought it was a cute idea and just for fun I put our pictures side by side.

HAPPY 6 MONTHS LILY CLAIRE! Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment