Thursday, October 28, 2010

35 weeks

Yesterday marked 35 weeks gestation for me! Whew what a relief...only 5 more weeks to go!

This has been a very interesting week so I will catch everyone up. Tuesday morning I woke up and my feet were still extremely swollen. So, I called and made a doctor appointment because I have been worrying about my swelling especially since it was not going down overnight. So, Tuesday after school mom & I loaded up and headed to St. Vincents. When I saw the doctor I told her that I had been having cramps in my lower abdomen so they decided to check to see if I was dilated. I was dilated 1/2 a centimeter and had been having contractions since Saturday. So, they decided that it would be best if I stayed a few hours for them to monitor my contractions. Well, those few hours turned into over 4 hours because I was having regular contractions and they decided they needed to try to stop them. After the second shot of medicine to "stop" the contractions it had not worked yet and my blood pressure started dropping drastically. It dropped to about 60/20 so they gave me an IV and oxygen. We finally left the hospital around 11 PM with orders to stay home the rest of the week and to return on Friday to be examined again.

So, I will go tomorrow to be examined and we will see if I have dilated any more. I have still been having contractions, although they have not been regular. Hopefully after tomorrow they will allow me to return to work! I will update you after the appointment! Keep your fingers crossed that Lily Claire is not too anxious to come... at least for a week or two! We want her to be a healthy little girl so she can come home with us as soon as possible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment