Friday, December 17, 2010

2010

Wow! What a year! 2010 was a very eventful year for our family! It all began by me getting my degree in Elementary Education and filling a maternity leave at CIS. In March, Zach bought me a 2010 4-Runner! We also found out that I was pregnant in March! So, needless to say that was when the fun all began for 2010!! In May, we took our last vacation before the "baby" came. We went to Mexico with another couple and we had a wonderful time! In June, I along with my mom & sister coordinated the Jr Miss Peach Pageant! That was very special to me since I was the 1999 Jr Miss Peach! I was offered a position at CIS to teach 3rd grade...I accepted that offer! We also moved into our FIRST house this month. We were very excited about being homeowners, especially with a baby on the way! This month we also found out that we were having a baby girl...Lily Claire Burke! :) Can I just say that this was a VERY busy month for us! On July 26th we celebrated our 2nd anniversary!

In August, I began my first year of teaching!! I was so excited yet nervous about it at the same time! Their futures are in my hands and that can be a little scary at times! But, when you see a child progress in something that they have struggled with or see their "light bulb" come on it is SO worth it, even the tough days! In November, Lily Claire's nursery is ready, carseat installed, and now we wait for her to come! She did give us several false alarms as we waited for her. On November 24th at 4:34 PM our little angel was welcomed into the world! She weighed 7lbs, 6oz & was 20 inches long. I cannot even explain how it felt to hear that little cry for the first time! She is such a blessing to us and we honestly cannot remember what life was like before she was here! I tear up every time I think about the day she was born.

In December, we loved on Lily Claire every day and thanked God that she was healthy! She was a month old on Christmas Eve! We celebrated Christmas by visiting family on Christmas Eve & Christmas day. This year has passed by so quickly! It was the best year of my life and I will never forget it! Lily was a gift from God and I thank him daily! We can't wait to see what God has in store for us for 2011!
Pictures from 2010:
Easter~ 2010
This was our first family photo since we found out I was pregnant!Mexico~ May 2010
24 Hour Race- "The House Cleaners" team~ June 2010Baby Bump~ August 2010
Baby Bump~ September 2010Baby Bump ~ October 2010Baby Bump~ October 2010

I didn't take pictures after this! I didn't want to remember how swollen I was, I figured if I did remember I would never want to have another baby!!!!

Lily Claire~ November 24, 2010
Lily Claire~ December 2010Christmas Eve 2010



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment