Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy 8 months

Lily turned 8 months old Sunday, my how time flies! Last week Lily began to crawl instead of scoot...as of Sunday she was crawling all over her room and wanting to come into the hall. I had to coax her to crawl into the hallway, she wasn't fond of crawling on the hardwood floors, she prefers carpet! Monday she was playing in her room, I stepped out of her room for a minute and then I heard her slapping the hardwood in the hall. When I walked into the hallway she was sitting just inside her bedroom door peeking out into the hall. She was slapping the floor to get my attention so I would come back in there! She is so funny, she has the cutest personality I've ever seen in an 8 month old! Monday morning she was sitting in Zach's lap and quietly she uttered the words, the words I've been patiently waiting to hear...she said "mama"!!!! AND I didn't even hear it! It still made me one proud "mama"!! Zach is at work today(Tuesday)...I was talking to him on the phone and held the phone up to Lily's ear for him to talk to her, she smiled and said "hey"!! It was the sweetest little "hey" I've ever heard, it was quiet and he could barely hear her but she said it and that's all that matters!! Oh, Lily has also tried mashed potatoes and mushed banana...she doesn't know what to think except... yum! As you can see Miss Priss has reached many milestones in the past few days and we are all VERY proud of her! We have to show off her crawling skills every time someone comes over and she likes to show off too! :) She makes my heart smile, I never knew I could love something SO MUCH...but now I know and I will NEVER forget these precious moments!

Happy Eight Months Lily Claire!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment